Wassermann Stellungen.

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Antworten
SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 17.04.2006 09:20

Hi Eric,
Have been there seveal times. On the map there is a road that ends 1 km from the summit. My hope is that if the Germans indeed did have radar there, there must be a dirt track all the way up.
bregds
SES

beaviso
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk (Danzig), Polen

Beitrag von beaviso » 25.04.2006 00:03

beaviso hat geschrieben:We have visited 2 Polish sites with Wassermann-M so far - and found both foundations. In one case anchor blocks are still in very good shape and clearly visible, in second case - little damaged and mostly covered with soil. The second case is very astonishing - there are not 3, but... 3 PAIRS of anchor blocks - each pair consisitng of a typical and a very similar anchor block. We'll take good photos of this anomaly around March/April.

OK, the snow is gone, the fields are accessible, and any objects are well readable! I want to present a Wassermann-M IV site remains. This is the one which features not only 3 anchor blocks, but also more of them. I can't find any explanation to this case.

Me and Alkali found 3 main anchor blocks, situated typically (i.e. one every 120 degrees). The first astonishment is their shape. It's not standard! I consider "standard" by a rectangular block, with 2 shorter sides with "cut" edge, and 2 longer sides with straight edge. In this case none of the blocks fits the above described standard. Two of the blocks have all 4 edges "cut", whilst the third has all 4 edges straight.
The next mystery are "extra" blocks, situated some 20 metres from the side of the main anchor blocks. Pls see the diagramme. These "extra" blocks are similar in dimension and shape, but had no steel mounting for ropes. There are holes instead, and they are different depending on block... See attchd. pictures.

Finally, we have discovered a central socle. In this case "we" means my girlfriend who was the lucky discoverer. She managed to detect a piece of thick cable with her metal detector - and this led to discovering the socle. Previously, me and Alkali tried optical methods to locate the central foundation, but failed being mistaken by just 2-3 feet ;)

So that's the question: Where was the German "standarisation" lost? ThIs Wassermann site was undoubtedly built to.some specific requirements, but not in accordance to the standards. Please, share your opinion on what may have led them to build such a bizarre Wassermann.

Best regards,
Michal
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von beaviso am 25.04.2006 02:46, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

beaviso
Forenuser

Beitrag von beaviso » 25.04.2006 00:08

More photos...
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 30.04.2006 18:35

Hi,
I think we have discussed this site before or am I mistaken? My theory is that the first 3 anchorblocks for some reason were found unsuitable and there more were built and used. But we do not know very much about the M IV foundation. You guys are the first to provide tangible evidence.
bregds
SES

beaviso
Forenuser

Beitrag von beaviso » 11.05.2006 01:10

SES hat geschrieben:I think we have discussed this site before or am I mistaken?
You're right, that's the one. Judging from numerous debris found in the soil - incl. steel parts, screws, cable fragments - the device was raised.

brgds,
Michal

Leif
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Kiel

Beitrag von Leif » 11.05.2006 12:20

Hi,
great pictures from the Wassermann-Stellung!

Does any of you have Information about the Stellung Goldberg / Goldfasan?
https://www.geschichtsspuren.de/funkmes ... howinfo=97
In the map "OKL Generalnachrichtenführer, Wassermanneinsatz- und Wassermannplanung, Stand 20.6.1944", there is a "Wassermann leicht" (operational) marked at Goldberg.

Best regards,
Leif

Leif
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Kiel

Beitrag von Leif » 21.05.2006 12:26

Hi,
die Stellung Großhau ist auch mit Wassermann verzeichnet, welcher eingesetzt wurde.
https://www.geschichtsspuren.de/funkmes ... howinfo=99

Viele Grüße,
Leif

nordfriese
Forenuser
Ort/Region: on the road

Goldfasan

Beitrag von nordfriese » 07.11.2008 16:31

Moin!

Ich war in den letzten 3 Tagen in M-V.

U.a. war ich mal auf dem Turmberg zwischen Below und Kadow, wie es die
Datenbank beschreibt.

Bis auf dreckige Klamotten bzw. Schuhe (das nächste Mal Gummistiefel ':megawut:' )
hab ich auch ein paar Bilder mitgebracht. Leider herrschte Nieselregen und
der Tag war auch schon fortgeschritten.

Auf dem Turmberg selbst steht, wie man sieht, ein Hochsitz. Ansonsten haben
die Bauern die drei markierten Punkte zum Abladen von Feldsteinen und alten
Mopeds genutzt. Habe bis auf die drei, ich nenne sie mal, Abspannblöcke nichts
gesehen, was auf etwas fundamentähnliches/verbunkertes hindeutet.
Muss ja aber auch nichts bedeuten.

Gruss aus NF!
Rolf

Alkali
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk - Poland / Polen
Beitrag von Alkali » 01.04.2009 21:47

Hi Friends,

To collection – Wassermann L from Sicily. Unfortunately, more exact location is not me well-known. Photo with 1943 year.

Best regards,
Czarek

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 02.04.2009 11:54

Hi Czarek ,
Pictures of the L are few and far between, thanks for sharing. Where did you find them.
bregds
SES

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“