Luftwaffe organization pre SEP 1943

Militärische Objekte und Anlagen des 2. Weltkriegs (und 1933-1945)
Antworten
SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Luftwaffe organization pre SEP 1943

Beitrag von SES (†) » 04.12.2005 14:23

Hi,
I know full well that this topic is not, what normally makes our blood boil. But I have an issue with the pre 1943 Lw organization, especially in relation to fighter HQs. And I was hoping to get some help. Problem is I have been able to deduct 2 organizations. One is based on the so called Grabmann Papers and that gives me the greatest problems. The organization below is based on an analysis of the "Grabmann papers". It contains elements, which are hard to confirm. One is the existence of a Höherer Jafü Mitte, which I cannot find anywhere else in published or un-published sources. The other is the very early subordination of Jafüs to XII.Flg.Korps, thus giving the Korps operational control of day and night-fighters as early as APR 1941. It has always been my understanding, that the command and control of day and night-fighters was separate until the reorganization 15 SEP 1943. Please see:

http://www.gyges.dk/Luftwaffe%20command ... es%203.htm

I would very much welcome any comments which members might have, and if possible materiel substantiating either organization. A Gliederung of 1 or 2 JD as of 1 JUN 1942 would be of help. I just consulted Galland's Die Ersten und die Letzen, and he claims that the subordination described did not occur until the autumn of 1942. So much for the memories of generals.

bregds
SES

Antworten