19./LnRgt 211 Jägerleit-Kp. "Stoppelrübe" visited

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
beaviso
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk (Danzig), Polen

19./LnRgt 211 Jägerleit-Kp. "Stoppelrübe" visited

Beitrag von beaviso » 28.04.2005 23:27

Hello all,

I've come up with a couple of photos taken 2 weeks ago at one of the Y-Stellungen placed in northern Poland (near Slupsk - Stolp a/Pommern). I think you might find them interesting, because they show plenty of details. I will also add some measurements to this thread later on.

We have found:
- 4 sets of 4 big socles with bolts --> for Y-Peiler
- 2 sets of 4 big socles with holes --> for ???
- 3 sets of 3 small socles with rails --> probably for Hans E-Mess Geraet
But we haven't found any visible signs of Freya-Egon.

I also need your help:
Whilst the big socles with bolts seem to be standard foundations for Y-Peiler (what kind of? there were at least 2 kinds of towers), the other big socles - these with holes - are unknown to me. They look very similar to Y-Peiler, but have strange holes instead of bolts. One of them is assisted by the remnants of something which probably was a Splitter Mauer. Do you have any idea what they might have been used for? I'll post the measurements in a few day time.

Best regards,
Michal
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von beaviso am 28.04.2005 23:34, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

beaviso
Forenuser

Beitrag von beaviso » 28.04.2005 23:33

And now the mystery socle (2 sets of 4 pcs. each at the site).
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 02.05.2005 18:21

Hi Michal,
Very interesting pictures. Textbook examples of foundatins to Heinrich towers. Measurements would be interesting and would help in the ID. At this point I have no idea what the scoles with the holes could be. It is unlikely that they are for a different type of Heinrich tower so one posibility would be a tower for Flak.
As you know yourself the EGON socles can be very hard to find. below I have listed the distances specified in the German manual to avoid interference:
Heinrich to Heinrich 250 m.
Heinrich to Hans 300 m.
Hans to Hans 100 m.
Hans to EGON 300 m.
EGON to EGON 300 m.
this might give you an idea of where to look..
Thank you for the Hel translation, my direct mails to you are bounced bach :-(.
bregds
SES

beaviso
Forenuser

Beitrag von beaviso » 02.05.2005 21:26

Thank you SES for your answer,

I still don't have exact measurements, but I doubt that there was any need for sth like flak-tower. Both groups of socles are placed around the peak of the hill where the station was localised, thus having perfect insight into surrounding area and any low-flying a/c.

The next thing are book-example socles - which of below presented towers should I match with them?

brgds,
Michal

P.S. Please try to write emails to beaviso@NOSPAMwp.pl and beaviso@NOSPAMgazeta.pl (remove phrase NOSPAM). One of these should be ok, I used to receive emails from you using these accounts in the past.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 02.05.2005 21:52

Hi Michal,
The 4 socles are associated with the "thin" (Light) tower. The fat (heavy) tower had 8 socles. In Denmark the light tower was the norm in a Himmelbett Stellung and the heavy was the norm in the Jägerleit Stellung, but as you and your fellow researchers have proved the Germans did not follow the same standards in Denmark and Poland.
I'll try the other addresses.
bregds
SES
BTW. In the summer of 1944 Stopperübe had 2 Freya-EGON and 5 Y-Linien.

beaviso
Forenuser

Beitrag von beaviso » 02.05.2005 22:30

Thank you again, SES.

Yes, Polish stations are "2nd division" comparing to Danish "Premier League" ;) Less equipment, hardly any strenghtened buildings... Alkali has already visited 10-11 of them and never came across any visible socles for Y-Peilers at the Himmelbett stations. Only in one case local farmers complained at some unidentified "stones" in the middle of the field and an old woman chose a picture of Peiler tower after a choice of "Ln theme" photos had been shown to her.

Does the info on "Stoppelruebe" mean that it might have had initially as much as 7 Y-lines? You wrote at your page, that Y-lines were exchanged with Egons using 1:1 rule. We have found 4 places for Y-peiler plus 2 places with these mystery socles. But there is still piece of land to be carefully checked. I hope your suggestions will be helpful, now I must get a 1:10'000 map and analyse it!

Best regards,
M.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 03.05.2005 08:06

Hi Michal,
My source is from mid 1944. At this time there was one Stellung in Denmark which actually had 5 Y-Linien and 2 EGON. I suspect that the 2 Y-Linien were dismantled in connection with a large personnel reduction initiated in OCT - NOV 1944.
Iaw the same source Stoppelrüpe should have the 5 Y-Linien and 2 EGON.
Again iaw the German Y-Linien manual a Jägerleit Stellung should have 5 Y-Linien and 3 EGON as standard. The Heinrich and Hans were arranged in a fan to one side of the Stellungszentrale and the 3 EGON in a fan at the opposite side.
bregds
SES

beaviso
Forenuser

Beitrag von beaviso » 06.05.2005 21:43

Now I can present some schemes done by Alkali.

Measurement units: metres (overall view), centimetres (socle close-up)

beaviso
Forenuser

Beitrag von beaviso » 06.05.2005 22:03

The mysterious foundation,
construction very similar to Y-Peiler's, but with holes instead of bolts and with bigger socles. Distances between socles identical to those measured at Y-Peiler foundation. Please remember that there were Spliter Mauer pieces nearby (see earlier photos).

Take note of a steel pipe, which was attached to only one of four socles. It can't be drainage pipe, then.

As usual, thank you for any suggestions,

Brgds / mfG
Michal

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 18.05.2005 09:12

Hi,
I have no idea of what it could be except a variant of the Heinrich Peiler Tower, but this Stellung only had 5 Y-Linien.
bregds
SES

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“