Stellung Max-Grosse/Kleine Elefant und Freya

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Antworten
Gast

Stellung Max-Grosse/Kleine Elefant und Freya

Beitrag von Gast » 15.02.2007 11:55

Gibt es noch veteranen die wahrend der Krieg in" Stellung Max"beschaftigt waren?Zum beispiel:Wehrmacht Personal die der Freya bediente?

Gr,
John Heideman

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 21.02.2007 16:55

Hi John,

A Freya in Max? Thought Max only had a Wassermann L and a Elefant? What is the source describing this Freya? Or do you mean the Freya that was positioned in Bergen (NL) in the 1940's.

Best regards, Klaas

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 21.02.2007 18:44

Hello Klaas,

In Stellung Max there were:Kleine Elefant,Grosse Elefant and a Freya.The Freya was positioned near "Kijk Uit",all in the Castricum territory.The Wasserman was on Egmond territory.
I also have photographs of the Freya near Kijk Uit.
Do you know anything of Veterans?

Best Regards,
John

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 21.02.2007 19:46

Hi John,

Bergen (NL) had a Wassermann L positioned at Bergen aan Zee, see enclosed picture.

In Egmond was no Wassermann, as far as i know, only the Wasserman M IV like mast that was part of the Elefant system. What do you mean with "Kleine Elefant,Grosse Elefant"?? The Elefant system consisted of the high wooden tranmittermast and the mentioned WM M IV mast. But they were not positioned at Bergen but a bit south of Egmond in Widerstandsnest 38 L.

Best regards, Klaas
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 21.02.2007 19:48

Hi John,

Sorry, but idon't know any veterans....

Best regads, Klaas

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 05.04.2008 14:30

Hi John,

I now do understand what you ment with kleine and grosse Elefant. Back then I knew the system from the description in the Trenkle books. He described it as a 2 masts system, with a 90 meter wooden transmitter antenna mast and a receiving antenna that was based on a Wassermann IV mast with attachted an antenna panel similar to the antennapanel of the klein Heidelberg radar

But, like you mentioned, there was also a third antenna, a 40 meter wooden mast that was called 'kleine Elefant' On German wartime maps it's very clear that the Elefant location Wn 38 L consisted of three seperate locations. Please see enclosed drawings.

Also a wartime sketch of the Elefant antenna's exists and this, indeed, clearly showes the kleine Elefant, grosse Elefant and reveiver WM IV like mast, please see enclosed drawing.

The Freya you mentioned near the Castricum Kijkuit location is the FuMG 41 G (FB) of the Kriegsmarine 'Roma' radarposition. This radar was used by Kriegsmarine for Flugmelde purposes and is not related to the Luftwaffe Elefant.

I still do not know any veterans, but the Elefant was manned by the 14.Luftnachrichten Versuchs Regiment, maybe this can help your search.

Does anybody have a clue what the function of the third mast was? Thought for Elefant a transmitter antenna and a receiving antenna would do the trick, so why did they use 3 antenna's?

Best regards, Klaas
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 05.04.2008 21:41

Hi,
Needless to say e-mails have been flying ever since Klaas made the discovery. This has resulted in an up-date to:
http://www.gyges.dk/Elefant.htm
another unknown facet of WW II radar history unveiled thanks to Klaas.
bregds
SES

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 06.04.2008 00:53

Hi SES,

Don't think you can call it my discovery, afterall John mentioned kleine Elefant more than a year ago. But I somehow stuck to Trenkle's Elefant description, but John's remark made me itch. So the last month i collected some data on the Elefant and a few days ago the final piece was presented to me.

So not my discovery, but just me sharing info discovered by other people.

Best regards, Klaas

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 06.04.2008 07:41

but you uncovered the proof.
bregds
SES

SES (†)
Forenuser
Kleine Elefant