Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Antworten
SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Wassermann Stellungen.

Beitrag von SES (†) » 13.02.2006 22:09

Hi,
Michel van Best asked a good question, which prompted me to dig a little deeper. Attached is a list of Wassermann Stellungen. It's divided into confirmed, under construction and planned. Please note the data date for the "under construction" and "planned". I'm quite sure that a Wassermann indeed was built at many of these sites. I'll continue the analysis.
And as a bonus I came across 2 Stellungen I have missed prevoiusly. One is located in NE France called something like MILOK ??? between MUFFEL and ALK.
You'll not find all the Stellungen on GYGES, but for some you have to refer to Hoffmann II/1 p. 329. I might be high time that I did central Germany.
bregds
SES
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Leif
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Kiel

Beitrag von Leif » 13.02.2006 22:39

Hallo SES.
Danke für die Zusammenstellung. Was ist aber mit Haifisch? Und Dattel, wo soll dies gewesen sein?

Viele Grüße nach Dänemark,
Leif

malte

Beitrag von malte » 13.02.2006 23:26

Moin

Genau, was ist mit haifisch :-)

Äh und Neustadt/Pelzerhaken (NVK) auf dem Timpenbarg. Die Mutter aller Wassermänner?

Venlig hilsen
malte

beaviso
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk (Danzig), Polen

Beitrag von beaviso » 14.02.2006 01:13

It's difficult to say if a "under construction" Was radar became eventually operational or not, especially in Poland and France. Fast advancing Allies & Soviet troops could have possibly influenced the decision to abort at least some of the constructions.

Key question is - how long would it take to raise a Wassermann M?

According to our Polish experience - a field survey and interviews with eyewitnesses proved that the site "Kemperstein" had its Wassermann intact, although it is originally indicated as "under construction" (June 1944). This is the case when works were succesfully completed despite of approaching enemy troops.

brgds,
Michal

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 14.02.2006 09:46

Leif hat geschrieben:Hallo SES.
Danke für die Zusammenstellung. Was ist aber mit Haifisch? Und Dattel, wo soll dies gewesen sein?

Viele Grüße nach Dänemark,
Leif
Hi Leif,
Thank you for the greeting.
HAIFISH is not even on the map as of 20 JUN 1944!
DATTEL I cannot find and I cannot access the Ln-DB right now.
But of course this was the idea, to establish a baseline and then improve it as the comments come pouring in :) .
What is the documentation/source on Wassermann at the 2 Stellungen mentioned above?
bregds
SES

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 14.02.2006 09:50

malte hat geschrieben:Moin

Genau, was ist mit haifisch :-)

Äh und Neustadt/Pelzerhaken (NVK) auf dem Timpenbarg. Die Mutter aller Wassermänner?

Venlig hilsen
malte
Hi malte,
I have only included operational sites.
And I do believe that The Mother was established at AUERHAHN in Vorupör in OCT 1942. This is the site of Wassermann S snr. 1 and the bunker is a prototype L 480.
bregds
SES

Leif
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Kiel

Beitrag von Leif » 14.02.2006 10:04

Hi SES.
Dattel ist in Deiner Liste vermerkt unter "Confirmed". Als Quelle hast Du RL 2 V/9 K-1 angegeben. Ich kenne nur die Jägerleitstellung Dattel.

Viele Grüße,
Leif

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 14.02.2006 16:15

Hi,
:oops: my DB is getting so large, I cannot even control it myself. DATTEL was also a Stellung 3'ord in Northern Norway. It is on GYGES under Norway :oops: It was not normal practice to give 2 sites the same name but it is not unpresedented. Other examples are KASTANIE and AUERHAHN. Your question forced me to go over the whole thing again and in the process I missed another site in Norway, which I missed the first time round. Please keep the comments and questions comming.
bregds
SES
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

michel
Forenuser
Ort/Region: NL
Re: Wassermann Stellungen.

Beitrag von michel » 14.02.2006 22:28

SES hat geschrieben:Hi,
Michel van Best asked a good question, which prompted me to dig a little deeper. Attached is a list of Wassermann Stellungen. It's divided into confirmed, under construction and planned. Please note the data date for the "under construction" and "planned". I'm quite sure that a Wassermann indeed was built at many of these sites. I'll continue the analysis.
And as a bonus I came across 2 Stellungen I have missed prevoiusly. One is located in NE France called something like MILOK ??? between MUFFEL and ALK.
You'll not find all the Stellungen on GYGES, but for some you have to refer to Hoffmann II/1 p. 329. I might be high time that I did central Germany.
SES,

Thanks! What was the general foundation for the Wassermann? A large bunker (L480) or just a building with a strenghtened foundation?

Regards,
Michel
Achtung: Feind hört mit!

beaviso
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk (Danzig), Polen

Re: Wassermann Stellungen.

Beitrag von beaviso » 14.02.2006 23:27

michel hat geschrieben:What was the general foundation for the Wassermann? A large bunker (L480) or just a building with a strenghtened foundation?
Hi Michel!

Wassermann-S --> L480
Wassermann-M I and M II --> cross-shaped central foundation in the ground + 3 anchor blocks
Wassermann-M IV --> small central foundation + 3 anchor blocks (same as MI/II). Operators' equipment in a hut near the radar.
http://www.gyges.dk/Foundation%20for%20 ... M%20IV.pdf

Kind regards,
Michal "Beaviso"

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“