Wassermann Stellungen.

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Antworten
SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 06.03.2006 22:48

Hi,
The site map has been updated, not the least thanks to inputs and comments.
http://www.gyges.dk/Flum%20and%20Jagd.htm
about 2/3 down.
bregds
SES

SES (†)
Forenuser
Re: Wassermann S serialnumbers.

Beitrag von SES (†) » 07.03.2006 16:50

SES hat geschrieben:Hi,
Can anyone help with the ?? snr.

LINDE S 4
FICHTE S 12
KASTANIE S 5
SCHAKAL S 6
HYÄNE S 3
AUERHAHN S 1
RINGELNATTER S 7
TIGER S ?
BIBER S ?
Note WELS deleted
TAUSENDFLÜSSLER S ?
THEODOR S ?

Now Trenkle says 10 Was S were built, above I have listed 12 sites based on German documents!
And just to confuse the issue. Attached is a picture of a Klein Heidelberg puportedly taken at Cherbourg - Carneville Osteck. So that is one Was S tower and one L 480 more. Trenkle has the same picture and the caption says:"With the original antenna on the back" so that's at least 13 Was S and L 480 or is this K.H the modified Was S at TAUSENDFLÜSSLER?
mfg
SES
Hi,
One more Was S at AUERHAHN (Fr).
One L 480 with a Was M at DIESTELFINK and one at SCHLEI. Has anyone visited the site/museum at DIESTELFINK and noticed the foundation for the Was M and the anchor-blocks, which must be there.
bregds
SES

jopaerya
Forenuser
Ort/Region: middelburg

Beitrag von jopaerya » 07.03.2006 20:07

Hi All

Who can you help me , according to Hoffmann
there was a other Wassermann in Holland
at F.M.S. "Klippfisch" at Bergen belonging to the
Luftflotte Reich , does anyone have more info on this
Wassermann ?

Regards

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 07.03.2006 22:42

Hi Jos,
2./Ln-Rgt. 223 „Klippfisch" Camp bei Bergen aan Zee/Niederlande. If you look at the Ln history of Bergen it is very much affiliated with the Lg.Nachr.Rgt i.e the Auge-Ohr Flugmelde Dienst, which had a comparatively small number of radars at their disposal. The Wassermann S at Vorupör, which later became AUERHAHN started it's "carrier" subordinated to a FLUKO. And BTW Hoffmann completely miss to explain or document these radars in sufficient depth. It took me 5 years to figure out the difference between a radar manned by personnel from a Ln-Rgt and a Lg.Nachr.-Rgt.
Why do you assume that it was a Wassermann S? Hoffmann just says Stellung 3'ord.
bregds
SES

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 07.03.2006 23:17

Hi Jos and SES,

There were 2 Wassermann in the vincinity of Bergen (NL) the WM M near the coast and the Wassermann MIV being part of the Elefant system.

Best regards, Klaas

jopaerya
Forenuser

Beitrag von jopaerya » 08.03.2006 09:08

Hello Ses and Klaas

Thanks for you info , still strange that
the Luftflotte Mitte/Reich had there own
radarposts and not get there information
trough the chain of command .

Regards Jos

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 08.03.2006 13:18

Hi Jos and Klaas,
Jos I think you should see Lft.Reich as the organization, which established the site, not the one the site reported to.

On the German 20 JUN 1944 map there is a site called MAX equipped with a Was M near Bergen.

The See-Elefant Stellung was near Castricum a little south of Bergen. This is often referred to as MAX as well.

I think the correct location for KLIPPFISCH should read Camperduin. (C is pronounced K).

So do we have 2 Was Ms and one See-Elefant site. And what were their names? Did the See-Elefant site inherit the name MAX and was the Was M site renamed?
bregds
SES

jopaerya
Forenuser

Beitrag von jopaerya » 08.03.2006 13:43

Hi LN Friends

Baupunkt 58 Stp. XVIII H.L.
Nachrichtenanlage "Wassermann"
661/622
L 435a

Baupunkt 60 W.N. 38 L
Nachrichtenanlage "Elefant"
L 409a
L 409a

I think that the first was the Klippfisch-
and the second the Max radarpost

What strike me it that those post like
Viper and Klippfisch don't show up on
any German map ?

Regards Jos

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 08.03.2006 14:13

Hi SES and Jos,

Woow, Bergen is getting complicated...the is partly my fault because i might have supplied wrong info, sorry! Please see enclosed pic bergen2.jpg. Think that's an W'mann L and not an M? So we have and WM L and the WM IV of the Elefant system, or are we talking of another WM???

The "2./Ln-Rgt. 223 „Klippfisch" is also confusing me. SES you refer to Luftgau Nachr, but why if the unit is 2./Ln.Rgt 223???

Enlosed on Bergen1.jpg is part of a map of 347 Div (BaMaRH24/88-105) showing the different locations in that area. Below the additional troop info related to LN as can be found on this map:

Catrin: Ln.Stelle 0:1:4 (i think this is the KM FluM: FuMG 41 G (FB) 'Freiburg I', that's supposed to be on this location.

Stp XIIIb HL: FluWa 26 13./Res.Lg.N.Rgt.Holl. 0:1:8

Elektra Sonne: Kdo.Elektra 0:6:27

Bernard 34L: 8./Ln.Flug Rgt.West 1:3:11 (nb: Bernard Drehfunkfeuer)

Klapperstorch: 6.Ln.Fu.H.Rgt.West (nb: FuMB site) 0:3:6

Stp XVIIII HL: FluWa 13./Res.Lg.N.Rgt.Holl. 0:1:7

Stp XIX HL: FluWa 0:1:7

Wn 38L Elefant: 14./Ln.Vers.Rgt. 1:5:20 + Ln.St.Bergen

XXII HL: FluWa 13./Res.Lg.N.Rgt.Holl.

23c HL FluWa 24 13./Res.Lg.N.Rgt.Holl. 0:1:8

Roma: KM UGruKO

So, Klippfisch is not on this map........
I always presumed both Wasserman and Elefant were part of Moritz and both 'belonged' to Ln.Nachrichten and not to Luftgau......but i might be wrong.

Best regards, Klaas
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 08.03.2006 15:39

Hi,
Oh boy are we ever heading for a SNAFU here.
Yes Klaas your picture depicts a Wassermann L.
My understanding is, that there was a Was M called MAX at Bergen on 20 JUN 1944.

There was a Lw Mammut called MORITZ at The Hague.
I have attached a JUL 1943 and a JUN 1944 map. They are consistent in their names and locations.

It is my understanding, that the See-Elefant at Castricum was not established until after JUN 1944 so it cannot be on the map.

My reference to the Lg.Nachr.-Rgt was merely reflecting, that the initial built up of the Ln-Dienst in the Bergen area belonged to Lg. Holland and not to XII.Flg.Korps. So Klippfisch could initially have belonged to a Lg.Nachr.-Rgt, which was renamed 2./Ln-Rgt. 223 during the BIG reorganization in mid 1944. This is exactly what happened at Vorupör

Jos,
The Wassermann S at Vorupör is on the map, it is just called Vorupor. Same thing with HAIFISCH, it is just called Hellingenhafen, maybe they had not been "baptised" yet when the map was drawn.
bregds
SES
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“