Heinrich Peiler towers.

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Heinrich Peiler towers.

Beitrag von SES (†) » 21.01.2006 23:19

Hi,
From discussions in other threads I found that it might be in order to illustrate some aspects of subject. Heinrich Peiler towers were - at least in Denmark built in 2 versions. The "heavy" was normally used in Jägerleit Stellungen and the "light" was normally used in Fulgmeldemess Stellungen. The light has been documented in at least 3 versions, which I have called "low", "medium" and "high". Since the platform and hut a the top had a fixed size, the base of the tower got bigger the taller the tower. This explains why we find sockles which are 12 m apart and sockles which are only 7 m apart. Attached is also an "official" sketch of a foundation for a "medium light" tower.
bregds
SES
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

petzolde
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Münster

Beitrag von petzolde » 21.01.2006 23:35

Ich erinnere mich an ein Backsteingebäude, einstöckig, ca. 100 m² Grundfläche, etwa 500 m neben der Startbahn von Münster-Handorf. Das Haus wurde von Einheimischen in den 50ern immer "Peilhaus" genannt.
War das möglicherweise die Betriebs- oder Kontrollstelle für die "Heinrich Peiler"? Hatte ein solcher "Heinrich Peiler" daneben gestanden?

gruß EP

beaviso
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk (Danzig), Polen

Beitrag von beaviso » 22.01.2006 05:15

Hi Petzolde,
I came across the name "Peilhaus" in accordance to something which had nothing in common with the Heinrich-Peiler. I live at the area of former German airfield (Danzig-Langfuhr) and there also was some building which - on the old map - was descdribed as a Peilhaus.

To all:
More on the remains of "light" Peiler towers (in this case: at the Jaegerleitstellung) may be found in this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=5827

brgds, M.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 22.01.2006 11:55

petzolde hat geschrieben:Ich erinnere mich an ein Backsteingebäude, einstöckig, ca. 100 m² Grundfläche, etwa 500 m neben der Startbahn von Münster-Handorf. Das Haus wurde von Einheimischen in den 50ern immer "Peilhaus" genannt.
War das möglicherweise die Betriebs- oder Kontrollstelle für die "Heinrich Peiler"? Hatte ein solcher "Heinrich Peiler" daneben gestanden?

gruß EP
Hi,
If you look closely at the pictures you will see the the Peil-Hütte fits inside the foundation. The Hütte was a max of 25 square meters.
Many German airfields had a Tornado Peiler, which was used to assist aircraft during an instrument approach. Please also see:

http://www.gyges.dk/fliegerhorst_grove9.htm

which gives an idea about the ground infrastructure for a well equipped airfield (night/all-weather capable).
bregds
SES

jopaerya
Forenuser
Ort/Region: middelburg

Beitrag von jopaerya » 22.01.2006 20:59

Hi All

Here a drawing of the Heinrich Peiler in
Jägerleitstellung Schneeglöckchen at Schagen ,
it's made after the war from a French Report .

Regards Jos
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 23.01.2006 09:02

Hi Jos,
Nice drawing. Note the Peil-Hütte is suspended under the platform. Benito was the expression used by allied intel. to describe the Y-Linien.
bregds
SES

beaviso
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk (Danzig), Polen

Re: Heinrich Peiler towers.

Beitrag von beaviso » 23.01.2006 23:12

SES hat geschrieben:Attached is also an "official" sketch of a foundation for a "medium light" tower.
bregds
Hi,

Are you sure that the sketch shows a "medium light" tower base? I'd rather say it's a "low light", because the distance between two adjacent socles is only 7 m.

I understand that the "high light" tower had this distance equal to 12 m, and the "medium light" = 10 m (as on the scheme drawn by Alkali at the Stoppleruebe JL-Stellung).

brgds,
M.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Re: Heinrich Peiler towers.

Beitrag von SES (†) » 24.01.2006 10:08

beaviso hat geschrieben:
SES hat geschrieben:Attached is also an "official" sketch of a foundation for a "medium light" tower.
bregds
Hi,

Are you sure that the sketch shows a "medium light" tower base? I'd rather say it's a "low light", because the distance between two adjacent socles is only 7 m.

I understand that the "high light" tower had this distance equal to 12 m, and the "medium light" = 10 m (as on the scheme drawn by Alkali at the Stoppleruebe JL-Stellung).

brgds,
M.
Hi,
Yes in this case I am sure. The picture of the "light, medium" tower is from RINGELNATTER and I have found the foundation. It's 7 m. You might have had a "light, very high" version in Poland, we won't know until some pictures surfaces.
bregds
SES

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 05.03.2006 21:50

Hi SES,

Here an unique Y-Tower variant that you will not find in Denmark! For Y-Stellung Brennessel near the town Den Briel (NL) the local churchtower called 'Brielse Dom' was converted into an Y-Peiler tower. The other 4 Y-towers were 'Regelbau'.....
Enclosed are a pic of the churchtower with the peiler (badly visible) and a drawing on wich the Y-Churchtower can be seen in the back. Sorry for the bad image quality, but bad source=bad scan...

Best regards, Klaas

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 05.03.2006 22:09

Hi Klaas,
Absolutely outstanding. On the drawing please also note the Hans E-Mess Gerät in the left part of the pic.
bregds
SES

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“