Seetakt

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Antworten
SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 13.01.2006 22:53

Hi,
I'll go back and re-check the exact spelling in the source Mövehhagen or Mövenhaken. You could very well be right, but I think my position is very close to a major battery.
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=93231
bregds
SES

beaviso
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk (Danzig), Polen

Beitrag von beaviso » 14.01.2006 00:50

SES,

Pls look at the exact location of that major (Plantage) battery - Alkali has already shown it a few posts ago. Please note 2 W-Rs, very (too) close to each other - one must have been SeeArt.
The Moevenhagen location near Swinemuende has no insight into the sea! Besides, there is no other radar on the list, which was placed by Pillau. There must have been at least one - it was an important base for U-boats training.

brgds, M.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 14.01.2006 09:07

beaviso hat geschrieben:SES,

Pls look at the exact location of that major (Plantage) battery - Alkali has already shown it a few posts ago. Please note 2 W-Rs, very (too) close to each other - one must have been SeeArt.
The Moevenhagen location near Swinemuende has no insight into the sea! Besides, there is no other radar on the list, which was placed by Pillau. There must have been at least one - it was an important base for U-boats training.

brgds, M.
The one one my map is this one, but I do agree that there must have been one at Pillau as well. That is # 36 on my map.
bregds
SES

Alkali
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk - Poland / Polen
Beitrag von Alkali » 14.01.2006 18:04

Hi,
Where is Möwen-Haken ? Please to see maps :

Möwen-Haken near Pillau fits for FuMO - is near seas. Möwen-Haken in Swinemünde is far from beach and of radars position. Anyway was not there no of military installation, only port.
SES, on your map position No. 21 should be Swinemünde !

Regards,
Alkali
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 14.01.2006 22:48

Hi my friend,
I am sure that the rest of the forum is leaning back and enjoying a Pole and Dane having an argument over a German name in Poland :) . Iaw Gruppe Nord Gkdos. 6300/42 A IV. there was a Seetakt in Pillau and that is the name used for the location.
In Kdo Marine Station der Ostsee Gkdos 266/40 Chefs. AI 5 DEC 1940 there is a note: "EM II Geräte, Neutief-Mövenhagen (für Einfahrt zum Frishen Haff) no doubt this is YOUR Möven-Haken.
In MOK Nord Gkdos 5039/42 A IV, 12 XXX 1942 Pillau (Mövenhaken) is mentioned.
In a later document Pillau is renamed (relocated to) Nickelswalde.
Bottom line.
You were right. Thank you for being so persistent. It is not a question of being right, but of getting it right.
kind regards
SES
PS. That was only 2 hours work, but I came across another few items I had missed on my first time round :)

beaviso
Forenuser

Beitrag von beaviso » 15.01.2006 00:13

Hi SES,

That was the so called "constructive argument", wasn't it. :mrgreen: Moreover Moewenhaken is in Russia. What I find most funny is that Alkali had not read my post at the 6th page and wrote his own at page 7, using the same old German maps! :lol: I talked to him today evening and he confirmed that it was completely coincidental.

But another interesting thing has surfaced by the way -
If I understood your last post well, there must have been a relocation of FuMO Moewenhaken to Nickelswalde. Does it mean that there were not 2 separate units at the same time? Hmmm, it's strange, because the distance between Moewenhaken and Nickelswalde is fair enough to locate separate units - especially at the coast of Gdansk Bay, which had heavy vessel traffic. Please, check once again if there were two SeeTakt units (Moewenhaken AND Nickelswalde) at the same time, or whether the unit relocation from M. to N. took place. And between these two locations was another FuMO - Kahlberg.

Btw. - Nickelswalde has almost nothing in common with Pillau, because it's some 40 Nm southwest of it. Whilst Moewenhaken is in Russia, the place called Nickelswalde is in Poland, quite close to where we live. When the snow melts down we'll of course go there :)

cheers,
Michal

P.S. Anyway, there was some FuMO in Swinemuende. It's not mentioned in the list you've posted (in PDF format), but there are well known W-R socles - one of them most probably a SeeArt for a coastal battery (Plantage 20.3 cm?), the second probably unused. This place is often mismatched with Luftwaffe "Schnepfe" Stellung, but we are 99% sure it wasn't it.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 15.01.2006 12:28

Hi,
Indeed a very constructive and productive argument. I went through the souces again - again.
Let me try to explain in another way.
1. Radar site Pillau established in 1940.
2. In a document from late 1942 there is listed Pillau (Mövenhaken).
3. Same document: Nickelswalde (frührer Pillau). I think this means that the site at Pillau got a new radar and the old model was moved to Nickelswalde. This is a pattern seen in Denmark. The important places are up-graded with new equipment. The old radar either stays or is moved to a place of lesser operational importance or where there is a hole in the coverage.
4. Same document Kahlberg mentioned under a seperate entry.
My map reflects this and I so hope I'm correct this time.
bregds
SES
And stby for some good stuff on Flum in the eastern Baltic :)

beaviso
Forenuser

Beitrag von beaviso » 15.01.2006 13:37

Hi,

Thank you for re-checking! Another interesting trace of Marine radars in the discussed region is this bit from Hoffmann 2.1 (p. 368):
>> Stellung "Pirol" - 1 LZ-Stand Freya mit Dora-Insel, von der Marine uebernommen. <<
Luftwaffe Stellung "Pirol" was located between Moewenhaken and Kahlberg, only 8 Nm NE of the latter. I understand that "Dora-Insel" means that this particular Freya operated at the freq. range of 162-200 MHz. Was this Marine specific? Do you know the frequencies of Marine Flum radars - Freiburgs I/II?

best regards,
M.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 15.01.2006 14:48

Please see:
viewtopic.php?p=60177#60177
bregds
SES

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 16.01.2006 10:02

Leif hat geschrieben:Hallo.
Nun mal wieder eine naive Frage: Sind alle Informationen an das Marinehauptquartier gemeldet worden oder wie lief es hier ab? Wer hat von der Seelage direkt profitiert?

Viele Grüße,
Leif
Hi,
I have produced a map with the OZs established in the area on the map. There were more, but they were outside this map.
http://www.gyges.dk/WM%20radar.htm
I miss a OZ with responsibility for the central Baltic. Can anyone help?
bregds
SES

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“