Location of Scheinsignalrakete sites in Germany.

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Antworten
EricZ
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Venloer Scholle

Beitrag von EricZ » 09.11.2004 11:34

Hi SES,

for the Duisburg area it's possible to give you some adds :)
Some information are to find amongScheinanlagen im Raum Duisburg

Brgds
Eric

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 09.11.2004 11:42

Thanks Eric.
I think there is an uncultivated area here.
bregds
SES

Pettersson
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Bad Schönborn

Scheinsignalanlagen

Beitrag von Pettersson » 09.11.2004 16:36

Hi SES,

your site is fantastic :thumbup:

Do you have a list of the locations in Germany, I only found the map on your page (with nearby villages) ?

Regards,

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 10.11.2004 08:15

Hi Pettersson.
Thank you for the compliment. To quote from another forum: "Information not shared is information lost".
No I am afraid that I do not have any precise locations. The map I refer to is in scale 1:2.000.000 so the location is a very rough one indeed. If you are interested in specific places, please tell me, and I can scan the original materiel and send directly. I know that parts of Germany was photocovered from the air in 1945 and with a rough indication of the location it should be possible to find some sites - if one knows what to look for. We have no assurance that the sites in Germany had the same configuration/pattern as in Denmark, but I would not be surprised.
bregds
SES

EricZ
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Venloer Scholle

Beitrag von EricZ » 13.11.2004 08:44

Moin,

SSR-Anlagen, GB-Anlagen und S-Anlagen wurden häufig, aber nicht immer vom / im gleichen Bereich aus betrieben.

Was sollte eigentlich mit den Scheinsignal-Raketen erreicht werden? Kampfgeschehen im Luftraum?

Grüße, Eric

SES (†)
Forenuser
SSR.

Beitrag von SES (†) » 13.11.2004 12:23

Hi Eric.
If this does not answer the question, please be a little more specific I'll see how I can expand on the explanation:
GERMAN MEASURES AIMED AT COMPLICATING TARGET ACQUISITION AND BOMBING.
The RAF bombing technique entailed that Pathfinders identified and marked the target. Identification was done visually if possible and the aim point was then marked with Ground Markers which was pyro technique of various colors dropped at the aim point. Succeeding bombers with less experienced crews would then bomb the aim point. When the Markers were about to extinguish, the next group of Pathfinders in the stream would arrive and back up the marking. If the target was obscured by a thin layer of clouds identification would be by H2S, but ground markers could still be used, as they would glow through thin clouds. With a heavy cloud cover H2S would be used again, but the aim point would be marked with a Skymarker. A flare suspended under a parachute. The bombardiers would set their sights to "No-Wind", and aim at the Skymarker. In order to prevent German deception, Markers in various combination of colors were used. The Germans, however, quickly built up units, which were organized and equipped to place dummy Ground Markers in the correct color combination, in open terrain, somewhere up-stream.
See also:
http://www.gyges.dk/Further%20German%20 ... asures.htm
bregds
SES

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“