Strange object found in a bunker in Luftwaffe 3e Ordnung Ste

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Gast

Strange object found in a bunker in Luftwaffe 3e Ordnung Ste

Beitrag von Gast » 18.01.2007 09:14

Hi,

Some of my bunkerfriends found an unidentified object in a bunker located in the 3e Ordnung Stellung Moritz ( near The Hague Holland). Moritz was equipped with a Luftwaffe Mammut.

Please see enclosed pics. Might be some part of the Mammut? Any suggestions?

Best regards, Klaas
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 18.01.2007 13:43

Hi,
We have discussed this off board and until further I pass.
bregds
SES

MikeG
Administrator
Ort/Region: Bispingen
Beitrag von MikeG » 18.01.2007 14:46

Hi!

To me, it looks more like a part of something you might hang behind a tractor ... Sorry, no idea.

Mike

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 18.01.2007 15:46

Hi Mike,

Thank you for you're thoughts.

It indeed looks like a farming tool! But these bunkers are located in a dune area with no farms. The small tubes on the large frame are made of copper and look like watertubing.

Best regards, Klaas

bfh

Beitrag von bfh » 21.01.2007 20:59

Hi Mike,

what is on the floor behind the frame?

My suggestion: This part is belonging to water supply unit or a compressed air supply unit.

Best Regards
Guenter

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 21.01.2007 23:53

Hi,

Just heard they encountered this part in the Betriebsbunker of the Mammut radar and the part is too big to fit through the doors! So think it's definetly no farmers tool, but could be part of the Mammut 'Wellenschieber' device? But problem is this Wellenschieber looks quite different according to the Trenkle Books, see enclosed pic.

Best regards, Klaas
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 22.01.2007 07:54

Hi,
When the question was asked initially I was thinking solely in terms of the antenna. With this additional information we may want to think of some sort of interior equipment like cable support/display equipment. All the heavy cables from the antenna ended up at a center console in the Ops Room, please see:
http://www.gyges.dk/L%20485.htm
and we have never found out what was actually mounted on that platform.
bregds
SES

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 22.01.2007 15:52

Hi,

Just received some additional pics from the guys who visited this bunker. All objects were encountered in the Mammut Betriebsbunker.

Best regards, Klaas

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 22.01.2007 17:18

Hi,
2-4 is a metal plate used to cover the pass-through for the cables. Please note 12 holes in each row. 1-4 looks as if it could be part of the rack for the control- and display-equipment. If this is true it is a very fine find, not even Trenkle has a picture of the Mammut display equipment.
bregds
SES

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 22.01.2007 18:07

Hi SES,

Thanks! Knew i had seen the plate with the holes before, but could not recall where... It sure it is the cable feedtrough. Looks very similar to the 2 plates in the Blaavand Mammut Bunkers as can been seen in the pics on your site on
the page http://www.gyges.dk/L%20485.htm

Best regards, Klaas

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“