Strange object found in a bunker in Luftwaffe 3e Ordnung Ste

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
aga300
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Heppenheim
May it be a heat exchanger

Beitrag von aga300 » 22.01.2007 20:38

If the rows are made in copper, is it possible that it will be a heat exchanger. If you user a roar instead of a transitor, you will end up with a lot of heat.
The equipment of a Fumo is not my favorite, but may be we should think about it

TP

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 22.01.2007 21:22

Hi TP,
I have been thinking the exact same thing, the valves/tubes generated a lot of heat.
bregds
SES

hollihh
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Hamburg

Radiator ???

Beitrag von hollihh » 22.01.2007 22:45

Moin,

I think its not a cooler or radiator - for heat dissiptaion it's useful to enlarge the surface e.g. with cooling fins. The surface seems to bee smooth. Why have the tubes a different lenght ? For a cooler this part seems to be to massive, there are much better constructions (think about the rare ressources !).

I think they used copper or brass because of good electrical conductivtiy ! Is ist a kind of adjuster for an antenna.. (hollow conductor)??

What kind of "Antenna" is the triangular part on the Mammut picture right of the ladder ??

http://www.gyges.dk/L%20485.htm

Best regards

Hollihh

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 23.01.2007 00:03

Hi,

Could be a heatexchanger, but how did the get the heat out of the bunker?
Like a water/air based heatexchanger and loose the heat via the ventilation system? Or water only based heatexchanger with tubing to a radiator somewhere outside the bunker?

The idea of a holow conductor is also a possibility, just like the holow "waveguide" in moder aviation radars. But as far as i know, the Mammut radar did use solid cables to the antenna. How ever don't know what the connection from the Transmitter to the 'Wellenschieber' was like.

Best regards, Klaas

Goettschwan

Beitrag von Goettschwan » 23.01.2007 00:41

It sure looks like some kind of variation on the piece of equipment mentioned by hollihh on the mammut antenna picture, just right of the ladder. Maybe they added reinforcements?

Bernhard_63
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Bayreuth

Beitrag von Bernhard_63 » 28.01.2007 21:11

Hello,

I think the mysterious part p1-2 carried the 2 x 12 cables. (12 out, 12 in). One can see the darker rectangles, were the other cables might be fixed. (red arrows)

The pattern of 12 cables in two vertical rows side by side looks like the pattern of the 24 cables passing the wall.

Some more ideas about the unknown part:

1. Why is it so very solid? May be to make it shockproof?
2. Why is it a trapezoid?
3. It seems, the cables are wrapped in concrete. Why?

Greetings

Bernhard
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 28.01.2007 22:55

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for your reaction and some great thinking! Yes of course the twelve tubes on the trapezium frame match up with the twelve holes of the cable feedthrough plate! This made me think, maybe it is trapezium shaped to make the cables go from horizontal to vertikal. Please see attached pic. Have no idea (yet) to your other questions.

Best regards, Klaas
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 31.01.2007 18:28

In case the round boxes are junction boxes for the antennae cables, the shape of the frame could be made triangle to compensate the length of the cable. In the shaft to the roof the cable has a radius. so the lower cable was short, the upper long. Behind this panel, with junction boxes the mechanic compensator, controlled by the wheel on the other frame!? Just an idea and the drawing just the clear up.
Grtz, Ruud

DorschNL
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Wassenaar NL

Strange Object

Beitrag von DorschNL » 01.01.2018 15:00

The object is the Kompensator, or Wellenschieber. This is used to change frequencies. This was extremely important after the allies used window (Düppe) as an ECCM.

Klaas correctly used the picture from Trenkle.

In the Mammut F version, there will be two compensators (like Mammut Den Helder).

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 01.01.2018 19:46

Yes it is a Kompensator (Phase shifter), but not a Wellenschriber. It was used to swing the beam of the phased arrayed Mammut, not to change the frequency, please see:
http://www.gyges.dk/L%20485.htm
and for an in depth technical explanation, please see the link at the bottom of the page.
bregds
SES
www.gyges.dk

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“