Location Flugmeldemess Stellung 'Delphin' near Delfzijl (NL)

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Antworten
Gast

Location Flugmeldemess Stellung 'Delphin' near Delfzijl (NL)

Beitrag von Gast » 22.11.2007 10:58

Hi,

In the British Air Scientific Intelligence Report 22a the following info is mentioned:

Delfzijl/Hoogewerf A.R.S.
1 F, sea-level
53 18' 28" N, 6 51' 32"

(NB: A.R.S = Aircraft Reporting Station, 1 F = 1x Freya)

This must be the Flugmeldemess Stellung 'Delphin', one of the radarpositions that was abandoned during the 1943 reorganisation. When checking the lat/long in google earth i noticed nearby some details that could well have been the location of the Stellung. Think i can see one of the Würzburg Riese sockel, or is this my imagination gone wild?. Please see enclosed pic of google earth.

Anybody who can confirm this is indeed the location of Delphin and it's indeed a remaining WR sockel?

Best regards, Klaas
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Marcel Hogenhuis
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Venlo

Delphin

Beitrag von Marcel Hogenhuis » 22.11.2007 13:21

Hello Klaas,

I think that you are right but since our nation is reknown for its heroes like Tasman and Peter Stuyvesant, the most rewarding, exiting and always lasting memory of such searches is to put on your boots, take a camera and go there yourselves and make that discovery !

Delphin was originally planned to be one of the many radar stations in the Himmelbett system but never completed. It's the same generation of radarstations like Schmetterling, Rotkelchen and Seeadler. It's my strong believe that Rotkelchen was the most uncompleted Himmelbett-station in the Netherlands, whereas Seeadler and Schmetterling were (nearly?) completed to be disbanded soon after.

All the best, Marcel Hogenhuis / Study Group Venlo Airfield in WW-2

jandebehanger

Re: Location Flugmeldemess Stellung 'Delphin' near Delfzijl

Beitrag von jandebehanger » 22.11.2007 19:29

Klasio hat geschrieben:In the British Air Scientific Intelligence Report 22a the following info is mentioned:

Delfzijl/Hoogewerf A.R.S.
1 F, sea-level
53 18' 28" N, 6 51' 32"

(NB: A.R.S = Aircraft Reporting Station, 1 F = 1x Freya)

This must be the Flugmeldemess Stellung 'Delphin', one of the radarpositions that was abandoned during the 1943 reorganisation. When checking the lat/long in google earth i noticed nearby some details that could well have been the location of the Stellung. Think i can see one of the Würzburg Riese sockel, or is this my imagination gone wild?. Please see enclosed pic of google earth.

Anybody who can confirm this is indeed the location of Delphin and it's indeed a remaining WR sockel?
The coords point to a location at the eastside of Appingedam, left of the Eemskanaal.
There are some bunkers left in the neighbourhood, the bunker south of the Groevesluis is interesting.
I have a paper wich called the "Bunkerroute", pm?
The coords in the kmz file points to a place nearby the Eemshaven, I don't think it was dry land in ww2.
--
JandeBehanger

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 22.11.2007 21:42

Hi,

I'm very sorry but goofed up the item about Delfzijl/Delphin. According the British Intel report there were 2 radarlocations near Delfzijl. The location near Delfzijl/Oudewater (near the Eemshaven) and the location near Delfzijl/Hoogewerf. In my previous message i did enclose the Google Earth data for the Oudewater location, but provided the lat/long position for the Hoogewerf location.

I think enclosed scans from the British Intell report will make thing more clear, please see attached files.

There is some confusion if the area on Google Earth of the possible WR sockel was or was not a dry area in WW2. But as far as i can tell the object on Google Earth look like a WR sockel? Think i'll be in for a very long drive with some warm socks and boots in the trunk....

Does anybody has any info on the Delfzijl/Hoogewerf location (south of Appingedam)? Can anyone confirm this location, anything left to see?

Attn Jan: I'm aware of the Bunkerroute publication, but as far as i know, it only describes the bunkers used by the Kriegsmarine Flak (and of course the postwar KLU Navigation station bunker complex north of Appingedam), but not any WW2 Luftwaffe radarpositions?

Sorry for the mixup and best regards, Klaas
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

jandebehanger

Beitrag von jandebehanger » 22.11.2007 23:03

Klasio hat geschrieben:I'm very sorry but goofed up the item about Delfzijl/Delphin. According the British Intel report there were 2 radarlocations near Delfzijl. The location near Delfzijl/Oudewater (near the Eemshaven) and the location near Delfzijl/Hoogewerf. In my previous message i did enclose the Google Earth data for the Oudewater location, but provided the lat/long position for the Hoogewerf location.
I think enclosed scans from the British Intell report will make thing more clear, please see attached files.

There is some confusion if the area on Google Earth of the possible WR sockel was or was not a dry area in WW2. But as far as i can tell the object on Google Earth look like a WR sockel?
With the new coords it is clear, that the position is just behind the old dike with new windmills.
Klasio hat geschrieben:Think i'll be in for a very long drive with some warm socks and boots in the trunk....
Please phone me, when you are ready to go, it is for me only a small hour driving.
Klasio hat geschrieben:Does anybody has any info on the Delfzijl/Hoogewerf location (south of Appingedam)? Can anyone confirm this location, anything left to see?
I found something on Wiki, http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoogewerf

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 23.11.2007 10:43

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses. The only thing left to do, seems to be a field trip! Jan i will sent you a mail when i wil be planning the trip, but this might take a while. It's a long drive and the trip to and back will take me a day...

Best regards, Klaas

ErwinZ
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Zwolle

Beitrag von ErwinZ » 08.04.2015 21:35

Entschuldigung for bringing up this old post but imo not worth to start a new one.

During my research in this area I found the locations of the before mentioned radar positions.

Delfzijl / Oudeschip.
Most likely with an Fumo 214 and a Leibnitz-Cäsar.

Roughly at the same location at 30.11.44 a Seezielbatterie was planned with 4 x 9,4 cm, but was never finished.

Discussion thread at the Dutch forum; http://www.fortificatieforum.nl/viewtop ... f=5&t=1326
Entschuldige bitte mein Deutsch. Marine Flak Batterie Termunten: https://www.facebook.com/MflbTermunten

ErwinZ
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Zwolle

Beitrag von ErwinZ » 08.04.2015 21:50

Delfzijl / Hoogewerf

The remaining sockel was destroyed by the Germans themselves. The area between Groningen and Delfzijl was flooded and the Stellung was moved to another place. Most likely up north to Opwierde.

The Leibnitz-Cäsar radar has it's own discussion: https://www.geschichtsspuren.de/forum/v ... sc&start=0
Entschuldige bitte mein Deutsch. Marine Flak Batterie Termunten: https://www.facebook.com/MflbTermunten

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“