Kornax

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Kratluskeren

Kornax

Beitrag von Kratluskeren » 09.03.2006 17:35

What is Kornax ??
'Um jederzeit den Jagdverbänden den notwendigen Platzschutz geben zu können, ist beabsichtigt, schw. Flugm. Messtrupps (v) bei Fu.M.G.-Stellungen, die einem von Jagdverbänden benutzten oder für sie vorgesehenen Fliegerhorst benachbart liegen, bereitzustellen und je nach Erfordernis für Platzschutzzwecke einzusetzen.
In gleicher Weise werden FuMB-Trupps (Kornax), die zusätzlichen Schutz für Nachtjagdflugplätze bringen sollen, den FuMG-Stellungen organisatorisch eingegliedert.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 09.03.2006 18:22

Hi,
Kornax was a combination of all FuMBs suited to intercept allied radars. It came in 3 models:
FuPeil 100, 100 a and 100 a1 all mobile. The last was the most advanced. It covered the freq bands 2.5 - 11.0 Ghz. It consisted of a standard FuMB cabin and 4 antennas. Please see the attached picture, which I got from a gracious friend of mine :-). The application, which you address, would be useful to detect the presence of allied AI equipped fighter prowling in the vicinity of the airfield.
HIMBEERE, which was the lost FuMB site we recently found in Denmark, was supposed to have been equipped with one.
Please also see:
http://www.gyges.dk/Funkmessbeobachtung ... n%20WL.htm
bregds
SES
:)
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Kratluskeren

Kornax

Beitrag von Kratluskeren » 09.03.2006 21:24

Thanks SES
I will see to that you are getting the full report.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 09.03.2006 22:04

Hi Lusker,
I look very much forward to that. In the spring of 1945 it seems as if the war for the Luftwaffe in the West was more and more becoming a struggle for survival, due to the ever present allied JABOs. The Ln-Dienst was forced to give up Freyas and provide them to the airfields for local warning. The provision of the Kornax was a logical extension, intended to detect nighttime Flower Patrols, which you are the first to bring out into the light.
Please also see:
http://www.gyges.dk/II%20JK%20spring%201945.htm
bregds
SES

Kratluskeren

Kornax

Beitrag von Kratluskeren » 10.03.2006 08:28

Hi SES
I have a feeling that our problem with the 'naerkamphus' at Karup might have something to do with landing nightfighters and flower/ranger patrols. The controltower was responsible for the take off and landing, but the tower was very, very small with just one or two people and not much communication. There were no radarscreens, no way of warning the nightfighters about intruders etc. This is where the 'naerkamphus' might come into the picture.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 10.03.2006 09:13

Hi KL,
Yes I'm sure that we do not have the full picture of the functionality of that building. I'm sure it served as approach control and a command post that controlled approach aids and airfield lightning. In mid 1943 it is just annotated LGW on the map, but it's functions could easily have expanded over time. It's easier to follow this discussion if you consult:
http://www.gyges.dk/fliegerhorst_grove9.htm
bregds
SES

Kratluskeren

Beitrag von Kratluskeren » 10.03.2006 17:58

Hi SES
I know your page (and the map) very well. I guess that one of us have to contact the comcenter at Karup and have a look at 'the wooden map'. This should tell us about the cables to and from that hut. Since you are closer to the airfield (and better connected) I think that you should do it ............
And yes, I fully agree with you. What went on in that hut in 1943 and 1945 is probably two different things.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 10.03.2006 19:18

Hi KL,
What on earth is the wooden map :?
bregds
SES

Kratluskeren

Beitrag von Kratluskeren » 10.03.2006 21:28

the wooden map is a nickname for an old German map from 1943/44, that was glued onto a wooden board. the map still excists (or at least did it a few years ago). Facility control at the comcentre has the map.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 10.03.2006 21:32

10-4

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“