Jägerleitstellungen

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
paw
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Rokitzan, Tch

Pegasus Y revisited

Beitrag von paw » 22.11.2009 20:07

O.K., time to bring the Jägerleitstellungen topic a little bit up in the list ;-)
Did you take some measurements?
Now I finally did, pls. see attached image, originally from Alkali (thanks and credits..), with pasted lengths in cm. There are only minor differences in comparison with those from Poland -> I guess we can take it as a fact now, Freya EGONs on Stoppelruebe were about to be put on a wooden tower.

A couple of news from Pegasus site (not anything revolutionary, just some new finds):

The undeground part of a water station was discovered nearby garrison. As a complement, the pumping station and a well were found 900m away in the woods, and also 80m (!) below the garrison level. Quite a challenge for water pumps. Pictures attached.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

paw
Forenuser

Pegasus Y revisited

Beitrag von paw » 22.11.2009 20:13

...and some "historical garbage" left on the site by germ. troops also gave its testimonial:
Blendax toothpaste "Erhält Zähnfleisch und Zähne gesund und fest", while the notorious competitor Chlorodont has "Neuer Geschmäck, alte Güte" ("Inhalt 71g" ;-))

Such things were found in the ground in the proximity of wooden towers -> looks like the staff was actually "living" in the operator rooms, when on duty.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 22.11.2009 21:13

Hi Paw,
Great finds and thanks for sharing.
bregds
SES

beaviso
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk (Danzig), Polen

Beitrag von beaviso » 23.11.2009 00:21

It looks like time has stopped in that place. I wish I could go there with my metal detector - it would get very busy. These tubes usually say "Leere Tuben sammeln!" ("collect empty tubes" - to save & reuse precious materials). The quantity and diversity of tubes and empty packages found at former sites only shows that Germans were quite into hygiene.

Pavel, thank you for the measurements. Thanks to you we finally know what these concrete blocks were for - the towers elevating Freya-EGONs.

Kind regards,
Michal

paw
Forenuser

Beitrag von paw » 23.11.2009 23:54

My pleasure ;-)

Ad. collecting empty tubes - I see what You mean, however, in this case haven't spotted such label. On the other hand, most of the surface of tubes was hardly readable or unreadable -> I could have missed that pretty easily.

Ad. metal detecting - frankly speaking, this place is a detector hell, both in "all metal" and selective mode ;-) Debris is scattered virtually everywhere. Nothing valuable from "treasure hunters" point of view was found on the site, but quite many interesting things of daily use - spoons, canned food, toothpaste tubes, aluminium flare shells. The most interesting find was a very small piece of original equipment with "Siemens LGW" label (= Luftfahrtgerätewerk Hakenfelde GmbH).

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 30.03.2017 20:57

Hi,
Some of you will remember that we a while ago found documentation for the existence of Y-Linien Stellungen (Mot.) Please see:
http://www.gyges.dk/fightercontrol_stations%203.htm
bottom of the page.
We have now found the location of a few sites in southern Germany and northern Italy, please see:
http://www.gyges.dk/Flum%20and%20Jagd.htm
red links.
mfg
SES

darkmind76
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Wörth am Main

Beitrag von darkmind76 » 02.04.2017 14:22

Hi! To the question of "Apell" I could found "Apell Scheibendübel"
from the Company Simpson Strong-Tie:

https://www.asal-baubeschlag.de/shop/pr ... px?id=8124

APPEL seems to be a special Standard/System in wooden construction: