Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Antworten
michel
Forenuser
Ort/Region: NL
Re: Wassermann Stellungen.

Beitrag von michel » 14.02.2006 23:36

beaviso hat geschrieben:
michel hat geschrieben:What was the general foundation for the Wassermann? A large bunker (L480) or just a building with a strenghtened foundation?
Hi Michel!

Wassermann-S --> L480
Wassermann-M I and M II --> cross-shaped central foundation in the ground + 3 anchor blocks
Wassermann-M IV --> small central foundation + 3 anchor blocks (same as MI/II). Operators' equipment in a hut near the radar.
http://www.gyges.dk/Foundation%20for%20 ... M%20IV.pdf

Kind regards,
Michal "Beaviso"
Michal,

Ok!

Did you find any Wassermann's or foundations in Poland?

Regards,
Michel
Achtung: Feind hört mit!

beaviso
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk (Danzig), Polen

Beitrag von beaviso » 15.02.2006 00:08

Hi Michel,

Pls see once again - the measurements were taken by Czarek "Alkali" at one of the Polish sites.
http://www.gyges.dk/Foundation%20for%20 ... M%20IV.pdf

We have visited 2 Polish sites with Wassermann-M so far - and found both foundations. In one case anchor blocks are still in very good shape and clearly visible, in second case - little damaged and mostly covered with soil. The second case is very astonishing - there are not 3, but... 3 PAIRS of anchor blocks - each pair consisitng of a typical and a very similar anchor block. We'll take good photos of this anomaly around March/April.

brgds, M.

michel
Forenuser
Ort/Region: NL
Beitrag von michel » 15.02.2006 08:05

beaviso hat geschrieben:We have visited 2 Polish sites with Wassermann-M so far - and found both foundations. In one case anchor blocks are still in very good shape and clearly visible, in second case - little damaged and mostly covered with soil. The second case is very astonishing - there are not 3, but... 3 PAIRS of anchor blocks - each pair consisitng of a typical and a very similar anchor block. We'll take good photos of this anomaly around March/April.
Ok. Which 2 sites are that?

Regards,
Michel
Achtung: Feind hört mit!

beaviso
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Gdansk (Danzig), Polen

Beitrag von beaviso » 15.02.2006 09:59

Michel,
Pls check your PM box

Leif
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Kiel

Beitrag von Leif » 15.02.2006 10:07

Hallo.
Ich biete noch "Rüsselkäfer" an:
https://www.geschichtsspuren.de/funkmes ... owinfo=123

Viele Grüße,
Leif

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Re: Wassermann Stellungen.

Beitrag von SES (†) » 15.02.2006 10:39

michel hat geschrieben:
SES,

Thanks! What was the general foundation for the Wassermann? A large bunker (L480) or just a building with a strenghtened foundation?

Regards,
Michel
Hi,
A Wassermann S was mounted on/in a L 480.
A Wassermann M was mounted as described by our Polish friend. The M I/M II centerfoundation differed from the of the M IV. Please see below.
bregds
SES
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

oliverw
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Oldenburg
Beitrag von oliverw » 15.02.2006 11:44

Moin,

bei www.luftkrieg-ederbergland.de habe ich noch folgendes gelesen:
Unter dem Codewort "Cormoran" wurde diese Funkmessstellung 1943 in Betrieb genommen. Sieben Gittermasten sollen auf dem Berg gestanden haben. Später sprengte die amerikanische Besatzung alles in die Luft. Überreste der Betonsockel zeugen heute noch vom Standort des Würzburggeräts sowie der Freya- und Wassermann - Gittermasten.
Viele Grüsse aus Oldenburg
Oliver
Was wir wissen, ist ein Tropfen, was wir nicht wissen, ein Ozean.
Isaac Newton (1642-1717).

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 02.03.2006 22:24

Hi,

The Wassermann S in Stellung Stp XXIII HL 'Biber' at Oostvoorne ( NL) was planned in august 1942 and build on an L480 bunker. In the winter of 43/44 this L480 was converted from Wassermann S to a Klein Heidelberg radar. According to some info the Wassermann S was fitted together with the Klein Heidelberg, to camouflage the Klein Heidelberg, but postwar pics show the Klein Heidelberg only. So i'm not sure Biber should be in your list of operational W'manns???

Best regards, Klaas
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 02.03.2006 22:41

Hi Klaas,
Very welcome aboard. And you are right - in a sense. With some of these Stellungen there is the problem, that they evolved over time. I have taken a snapshot as of 20 JUN 1944, sorry if I did not make that clear, hence the status of the various sites.
Attached is an up-dated list - still as of 20 JUN 1944.
bregds
SES

SES (†)
Forenuser
Wassermann Stellungen

Beitrag von SES (†) » 05.03.2006 13:41

Hi,
Ever since MvB asked the original question I have been working this issue. In my previous lists there are some mistakes and omissions, sorry. So please disregard and see map via this link:
http://www.gyges.dk/Stellungen%20Reich% ... 0total.pdf
I find the 3 Stellungen on the Black Sea Coast noteworthy.
If you count, you'll see that there were many more Was M, than the 36 quoted by Trenkle, so what is going on? Trenkle states that only 10 Was S were built and that is confirmed by the sources and the 10 L 480 we have found. I have the serial nr. on all but 2 or 3.
bregds
SES

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“