Kriegsmarine FuMO & FuMB equipped vessels.

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Antworten
SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Kriegsmarine FuMO & FuMB equipped vessels.

Beitrag von SES (†) » 22.09.2005 09:22

Hi,
Please forgive me if this is a little "off-key", but it deals with radar and some of the places are most certainly lost, since may of the ships were sunk. It is a facet of radar employment against allied aircraft, which is not widely known. And the reports from the KM eventually ended up with Der Ln-Dienst through the FLUKOs.

Aerial mine laying in the Baltic and in Danish Waters was a major operational problem for the Kriegsmarine throughout the war. Many of the Kriegsmarine radarstations on the Baltic Coast and in Denmark were established with the specific purpose of detecting minelaying aircraft. If the aircraft was tracked accurately, when the mine was dropped, it was actually possible to see two echoes and thus establish the drop position with a reasonable accuracy. This of course greatly facilitated subsequent mine sweeping. In order to improve the low level coverage a number of Wachschiffe were equipped with FuMB equipment, and a number of Vorpost Boote were equipped with FuMO 3 or FuMO 62 and FuMB equipment. Please see:

http://www.gyges.dk/kriegsmarine_fumo%2 ... essels.htm

I would be grateful for comments, corrections and best of all additional illustrations.
The V 1601 Newhaven is a particular interesting vessel since it was intended to refit this vessel as Nachtjagdleitschiff Skagerak, but the plans were overtaken by "events".
bregds
SES

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“