Lw.N.anl. Schlei Schiermonnikoog

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
Gast

Lw.N.anl. Schlei Schiermonnikoog

Beitrag von Gast » 07.02.2008 22:41

Hi, We are planning a trip to Schiermonnikoog, and we will surely visit Schlei, we have some maps but none are very accurate, is there anyone that has a good drawing (preferably a German from 1942-1945).
Schlei is one of the bigger Lw.N.Anl. in the Netherlands, there are many Küver bunkers (a regional series of bunkertypes that were built in 1942-1943).
I would really appreciate it.......;-))
Greetings Jack.

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 08.02.2008 11:18

Hi Jack,

Please see enclosed map. It shows the position of the main Schlei Stellung and roughly the positions of the various building. I don't have a more detailed map of Schlei.

Also the location of the Wassermann L480 can been seen. Please note that this L480 did not have a Wassermann S mast, but a smaller mast, probably for a WM M antenna.

And even more interesting, the location of both Y-Peilers is marked on the map (Ypsilon I and II). Would be very nice if you could find (and identify the type) of the Y bunkers used over there...

Best regards and have a nice trip,

Klaas
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von Gast am 08.02.2008 12:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 08.02.2008 11:20

Hi Jack,

Here's another map, altough it's more or less the same.....

Best regards, Klaas
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

bettika
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Flensburg

Beitrag von bettika » 28.02.2014 14:55

Hallo,
mehr Informationen und Fotos über "Schlei" in Schiermonnikoog
http://www.626-squadron.co.uk/willem11.htm

Grüsse
Beate
„Wer sich nicht an die Vergangenheit erinnern kann, ist dazu verdammt, sie zu wiederholen.“ George Santayana

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 28.02.2014 16:03

Hi Beate,
Just for the record. A Wasserman S was never raised on the L 480, but a Freya Verbunkert.
mfg
SES

Renev709
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Apeldoorn
Map Schleistelling Schiermonnikoog

Beitrag von Renev709 » 02.03.2014 14:23

Hello Beate,
To make it complete I add a very good and detailed map of the Schlei-Stellung.If you want more just ask by personal mail of by my website www.luchtoorlog.net.
(I wrote a book about the island in 40-45)
bye
Rene
PS ..and there is a bunkermuseum Schlei on the Island with a replika Seeburgtish

Renev709
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Apeldoorn
L480 and Wassermann on Schlei

Beitrag von Renev709 » 02.03.2014 22:41

Hi there,
Thx SES; I will add some pictures.
SES hat geschrieben:Hi Beate,
Just for the record. A Wasserman S was never raised on the L 480, but a Freya Verbunkert.
mfg
SES
The first picture is locally called the cathedral; don't know why :-) and the second one is a detail on the right side of the bunker. A place for a Freya Verbunkert but that didn't happen.
The WM S was never elevated and there was chosen for a W M II. The steel from that S mast was used for the keel of a fishing boat.
The W M II has gone of course but we still have a very detailed drawing. (Nationaal Archief Den Haag)
I hope you like the pictures
Rene

bettika
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Flensburg

Beitrag von bettika » 02.03.2014 23:21

Hello Rene,
thank you very much for the lot of informations and the pictures :-),

I think, you are the write for my question:
Which "Würzburg Riese" I can see on the following picture,should be near Den Helder.
Could it be "Salzhering" ? http://www.deutschesatlantikwallarchiv. ... Den_Helder

(Source: AIR-15-472 Coastal Command review 1944)

Best regards
Beate

P.S I would like to visit the bunkermuseum "Schlei", but its a little too far away
„Wer sich nicht an die Vergangenheit erinnern kann, ist dazu verdammt, sie zu wiederholen.“ George Santayana

SES (†)
Forenuser
Re: L480 and Wassermann on Schlei

Beitrag von SES (†) » 03.03.2014 07:38

Renev709 hat geschrieben:Hi there,
Thx SES; I will add some pictures.
The first picture is locally called the cathedral; don't know why :-) and the second one is a detail on the right side of the bunker. A place for a Freya Verbunkert but that didn't happen.
The WM S was never elevated and there was chosen for a W M II. The steel from that S mast was used for the keel of a fishing boat.
The W M II has gone of course but we still have a very detailed drawing. (Nationaal Archief Den Haag)
I hope you like the pictures
Rene
Hi Rene,
The Wassermann M drawing is new to me could you please send it directly.
mfg
SES

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 03.03.2014 07:40

bettika hat geschrieben:I think, you are the write for my question:
Which "Würzburg Riese" I can see on the following picture,should be near Den Helder.
Could it be "Salzhering" ?
Best regards
Beate

P.S I would like to visit the bunkermuseum "Schlei", but its a little too far away
Hi Beate,
AFAICT it is a Würzburg (Dora) and not a Riese.
mfg
SES

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“