Stellung Kauz östl. Trier im Hunsrück

Funkmess-, Funkpeil-, Funkleit- und Funkstörtechnik des 2. Weltkriegs
EricZ
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Venloer Scholle

Stellung Kauz östl. Trier im Hunsrück

Beitrag von EricZ » 22.11.2005 09:10

Moin,

hat jemand weitere Informationen zur Stellung Kauz?

Auf einer Karte, die Piloten des Fliegerhorstes Bonn-Hangelar an Bord hatten, sind neben den verschiedenen Fliegerhorsten diverse Leuchtfeuer, zwei Leuchtstraßen, Funkfeuer und (Funkmeß) Stellungen eingetragen.
Nach meiner Kenntnis müßten die Karte etwa aus der Zeit Sommer 1944 stammen. Leider liegt mir nur eine Kopie ohne Quellenangabe vor.

Die o.g. Stellung Kauz ist hierauf allerdings - im Gegensatz zu den anderen eingetragenen Stellungen - vom Symbol Funkmeßstellung und Funkfeuer. Bislang habe ich diese Kombination schlichtweg übersehen. Daher auch meine Frage.

Ansonsten sind in der Karte noch diverse Leuchtfeuer verzeichnet, die wir hier bislang nicht kennen.

Beste Grüße, Eric
And I'm hovering like a fly, waiting for the windshield on the freeway...

EricZ
Forenuser

Beitrag von EricZ » 25.11.2005 13:00

Moin Moin,

aufgrund der riesigen Resonanz habe ich doch mal einen Scanner aufgesucht und kann numehr endlich einen Kartenausschnitt präsentieren... ;)

Vielleicht geht jetzt ja eine heiße Diskussion los :holy:

Grüße, Eric
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Pettersson
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Bad Schönborn

Funkfeuer/Funkmess

Beitrag von Pettersson » 25.11.2005 13:47

Hallo Eric,

geht diese Karte auch weiter südlich ?

In der Forelle befand sich ja anscheinend auch ein Funkfeuer. Aufbau der Forelle erfolgte 1944. Daher müsste man in der Karte die gleichen Symbole wie beim Kauz finden.

Gruß,
Torsten

EricZ
Forenuser

Beitrag von EricZ » 25.11.2005 19:47

Moin Torsten,

die Karte endet leider auf der Höhe des Pfälzer Waldes, so daß ich über diese zu einigen weiteren interessanten Stellungen leider nichts weiteres ergänzen kann. :cry:

Trotzdem hoch spannend, was da noch so alles auftaucht... als kleines "Geschenk" daher die ganze Karte für die Gemeinde der Ln-Freaks. ;)

Viele Grüße, Eric
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Beitrag von SES (†) » 26.11.2005 11:14

Hi,
A couple of observations/comments.
The map scrams Wilde Sau and as we know Bonn-Hangelar was so to speak the cradle of Wilde Sau.
It is obviously intended for navigation to and from the airfield notice how all Leucht and Funkfeuers and all the other "pyrotechnics" used by these units for navigation are depicted.
In the spring of 1944 30 JD was disbanded and JG 300/301/302 was used almost only by day. A few units, however, still conducted Wilde Sau.
ALL Flugmeldemess Srellungen 1 and 2 ord had a Leichtes Leucht and Funkfeuer attached. These were NOT marked on the Grossraum Nachtjagdkarte, it was assumed that the aircrew knew, and they could find the ident. and freq. on the daily signal order carried by the radio operator.
I have attached a scan of the above map of the same approcimate area, there are MANY differences.
I guess your map is from the winter 1943 - 1944 and many changes were made subsequently.
Some of the Schweres Funkfeuer were mobile, normally when they changes position they did not change the name.
Eric could you please send the map in higher res directly.
bregds
SES

Pettersson
Forenuser

Funkfeuer

Beitrag von Pettersson » 26.11.2005 11:43

Hi SES,

as you know I found the foundation of a Funkfeuer in Forelle which was as you told a Stellung 3. Ordnung. Does that make sense or was Forelle eventually upgraded ? I heard from a friend that there are even more foundations in the area than I did assume so far because the area is much wider than first anticipated.
Probably it was enlarged to a Stellung 1. or 2. Ordnung.

regards,
Torsten

Regards,
Torsten

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 26.11.2005 11:52

Hi Torsten,
An upgrade of course is a distinct possibility. The info, I quoted, is from a map dated 20 JUN 1944, and that is the latest info I have on the Stellung from a primary source. But please also note, that Hoffmann on his map Stand 1944/45 also has FORELLE as 3'ord. The reason why these Stellungen did normally not have a LF or a FF, was that they could not control night fighters. As I understand you, you have actually found 2 W-R foundations and that would normally entail that the Stellung should be at least 2'ord. But these contradictions between what we actually find, and what the written sources say, is unfortunately not unusual. So just keep digging and asking. Looking fwd to your sketch :-).
bregds
SES

Pettersson
Forenuser

FF Forelle and foundations

Beitrag von Pettersson » 26.11.2005 12:03

Hi SES,

the sketch will come this weekend.

Yesterday I got a mail from a friend who told me that the Stellung is also on the other side of the road. He said something about 4 concrete socles with relicts of iron bares on it. From his description it sounds like a Heinrich Peiler but he was not sure about the measurements.

He also told me that in his opinion thwere was a Funkmesstellung an directly in the area was a Flakstellung too.

Have you ever heard about a Funkmessstellung and a Flakstellung next to each other ?

Regards,
Torsten

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 26.11.2005 12:11

Hi Torsten,
Flak and Flum together. That depends. All the Stellungen on the West-coast of Denmark were protected by light Flak in bunkers most by 1 and some by 2 Flak-Zuge. The guns were 2, 2,5 and 3,7 cm. In some inland sites I have also found remains of Flak positions in FA.
I you mean heavy/medium Flak I have never heard of such a combination before.
bregds
SES

EricZ
Forenuser

Beitrag von EricZ » 26.11.2005 12:41

Hi SES,

I´ll send you the copy of the hangelar map in a higher res and some more information by mail. :)

But one question is still unanswered: Was the Funkmeß-Stellung Kauz at the same time also a Leichtes Funkfeuer? I´ve never seen this amphiboly in one radarpost until now in official maps.

Brgds, Eric

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zweiter Weltkrieg - Funkmess / Ln / Fernmeldeanlagen“