Gefechtsstand of II JK ORION 1, Flammersfeld.

Militärische Objekte und Anlagen des 2. Weltkriegs (und 1933-1945)
Antworten
SES (†)
Forenuser
Ort/Region: 05 ON LT 8
Gefechtsstand of II JK ORION 1, Flammersfeld.

Beitrag von SES (†) » 28.07.2005 12:24

Hi,
It has been a while since I flogged this the last time. Based on 2 Luftwaffe documents I have now located subject GefStd to the village of Horhausen (Westerwald). Question is where was it. In a special bunker/building or in some already existing building? Was it a regular, well prepared Ausweich GefStd, or was it some sort of makeshift set-up?
The photo attached depicts an area in the eastern outskirts of Horhausen. It caught my attention because it has a "military" look. The road pattern and the buildings do not look civilian and more importantly IT IS NOT MARKED ON ANY MAP. This used to be the German practice when drawing maps - leave out any military installation. So my theory is that the place could still be in use, hence it is not on the map. If this is true is it then a reuse of the above GefStd?
bregds
SES
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

EricZ
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Venloer Scholle

Flammersfeld Pleckhausen

Beitrag von EricZ » 28.07.2005 21:19

Hi Michael,

komme gerade aus dem schönen Westerwald, Ei da pfeift der Wind so kalt ;)

An der von Dir markierten Stelle befindet sich was???
Leider nur ein Aussiedlerhof :cry: :cry: :cry:
Altersgerechte Einheimische, die ich auf das Thema angesprochen haben zuckten nur die Schultern... "Ja, Militär war schon hier, aber wir hatten damals andere Sorgen".
So viel von meinem Ausflug ins Mittelgebirge. Muß der Gef.-Std. wohl doch an einer anderen Stelle gelegen haben.

Grüße, Eric
And I'm hovering like a fly, waiting for the windshield on the freeway...

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 28.07.2005 21:39

Hi Eric,
Thank you very much for the effort. I suspected that you were in the vicinity. Sorry to send you off on a wild, cold goose-chase. I'm afraid you have to translate Aussiedlerhof.
The GefStd was in Horhausen, the problem is to find new leads. There are some mines just to the west I don't know if they are potential candidates.
I'm going to write to the local historians to see if they have any info. II JK was there for some time so they must have left some traces.
bregds
SES

EricZ
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Venloer Scholle

Beitrag von EricZ » 28.07.2005 21:44

Hi Michael,

Aussiedlerhof is an emigrant's farm. :)

Brgds, Eric
And I'm hovering like a fly, waiting for the windshield on the freeway...

SES (†)
Forenuser
Beitrag von SES (†) » 28.07.2005 21:51

Thank you :(
bregds
SES

Antworten