Flugplatz Els bei Arnheim

Fliegerhorste, Feldflugplätze, Einsatzhäfen und E-Stellen der Luftwaffe und andere, zugehörige Infrastruktur
Antworten
zulufox
Forenuser
Ort/Region: In der Nähe des Urpferdchens
Flugplatz Els bei Arnheim

Beitrag von zulufox » 29.08.2014 09:59

Hallo Freunde,

in diesem Buch:
Mattiello, Gianfranco
Fliegerhorstkommandanturen und Flugplätze der deutschen Luftwaffe 1935 - 1945
Biblio-Verlag, Osnabrück; 2000; ISBN: 3 – 7648 – 2522 – 7

ist auf Seite 262 folgender Eintrag zu finden:

Flugplatz Els b. Arnheim (NL)
06.44, in Einsatz

Bei Arnheim finde ich nur einen Ort Elst. Nun ja, gegen Schreibfehler sind wir alle nicht gefeit :(

Weiß jemand etwas Näheres über diesen Flugplatz? Hat er tatsächlich existiert? Und: Wurde er von der Luftwaffe genutzt?

Jede Information ist hilfreich.

MfG
Zf :holy:
Demosthenes (384 - 322 v. Chr. Athen)
"Nichts ist leichter als Selbstbetrug, denn was ein Mensch wahrhaben möchte, hält er auch für wahr."

ErwinZ
Forenuser
Ort/Region: Zwolle

Beitrag von ErwinZ » 01.09.2014 13:12

Moin,

In the 30s the local government had plans to build a civil airport near Elst. This was revived in the 40s during the war. As far as I know the construction never started. After the war the plan was abandoned due to the large Airport Deelen nearby.

Maybe the field near Elst was in use as an Notlandeplätze.
Entschuldige bitte mein Deutsch. Marine Flak Batterie Termunten: https://www.facebook.com/MflbTermunten

zulufox
Forenuser
Ort/Region: In der Nähe des Urpferdchens
Beitrag von zulufox » 01.09.2014 14:17

Hi ErwinZ,

thanks for the hint, it look like this information by Mattiello being one of the numerous misinterpretations in his book.

Second question:
If you are from Zwolle or the region, can you tell me, if it is correct, that at least part of Nachtschlachtgruppe 20 (NSGr 20) had an operational air strip (Feldflugplatz) at Zwolle in March/April 1945, as it is stated here: http://www.ww2.dk/air/attack/nsgr20.htm ?

If that is true, can you provide info about the location?

Best Regards
Zf :holy:
Demosthenes (384 - 322 v. Chr. Athen)
"Nichts ist leichter als Selbstbetrug, denn was ein Mensch wahrhaben möchte, hält er auch für wahr."

ErwinZ
Forenuser

Beitrag von ErwinZ » 01.09.2014 22:16

Moin,

Years back I found something about an airstrip near Zwolle. Also a civil project, guess flying was booming in the 20s and 30s. Never thought it over really until now.

Preparations were made to build an airstrip near the Meppelerweg in 1932. I think it was shortly in use by some local privat jets, I'm not sure. This could have been easily been transferred into a Notlandeplatz. I'll try to find back the information.

Zwolle was liberated on April 13th so the strip would have been short lived.
Entschuldige bitte mein Deutsch. Marine Flak Batterie Termunten: https://www.facebook.com/MflbTermunten

ErwinZ
Forenuser

Beitrag von ErwinZ » 01.09.2014 22:37

Let me get back on this. I found archives on Elst and Zwolle in the Dutch archive, which I am visiting next week for my own research. There's also something on Zwolle in the local archive, I'll try to visit them in the coming days.

ErwinZ
Forenuser

Beitrag von ErwinZ » 04.09.2014 22:36

I checked the local archive. In '31/'32 plans were formed to create an airfield near Zwolle. Land was bought and the terrain was levelled by the Koninklijke Nederlandsche Heidemaatschappij. Due to financial troubles of the city no buildings or other facilities were raised near the field, despite complaints from the members of the already formed Aero club.
Could not find any records on flight activity. After the war it was briefly in use as an airstrip (Auster units??) but quickly transferred back to meadowland.

No mention at all of German use of the strip. Maybe in the Dutch archives.

As a bonus I found out I currently live on the airstrip :lol:

On the RAF aerial (20-4-'45) just north of the airstrip an anti-tank ditch.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Jaap Woortman
Neu im Forum
Ort/Region: Nuenen, Niederlande

Beitrag von Jaap Woortman » 29.08.2015 21:46

ErwinZ hat geschrieben:On the RAF aerial (20-4-'45) just north of the airstrip an anti-tank ditch.
In the appendix is a map of the anti-tank ditches between Zwolle and Zwartsluis.
No anti-tank ditch in the area of the airfield.

Jaap
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Antworten